The weather is cooling down, the leaves are starting to change, it’s time to break out the oven mitts and get baking! Our friends at Pillsbury are sharing their top 10 holiday baking recipes that are sure to impress your friends and family all season long.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
35 min prep time | 1hr 5min total time | 24 servings
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 24 caramels, unwrapped (from 14-oz bag)
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until well blended. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; roll in pecans, pressing into dough. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Using handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and half-and-half uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Spoon about 1 teaspoon caramel into indentation of each cookie. Cool 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate; sprinkle with salt. Let stand about 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Mini French Silk Crescent Pies
15 min prep time | 30 min total time | 24 servings
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup milk
- 1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. If using dough sheet, unroll dough on work surface. Press into 12×9-inch rectangle. If using crescent rolls, unroll dough into 1 large rectangle on work surface. Press into 12×9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- Gently press squares into 24 ungreased mini muffin cups (dough will not completely cover inside of cup; do not press too much). Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pans, about 10 minutes. Remove from pans.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat milk and pudding mix with wire whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Fill each cooled cup with about 1 tablespoon pudding mixture.
- Spoon 1/2 cup whipped topping into sandwich-size resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut tip from 1 bottom corner of bag; squeeze topping onto tarts, and sprinkle each with chocolate chips. Store in refrigerator.
Cinnamon Roll Dutch Apple Pie
20 min prep time | 2hr total time | 8 servings
- 1 can (12.4 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- Heat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 8 rolls. Spoon icing from can of rolls into small microwavable bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter with fork until crumbly. Mix in pecans; set aside.
- In ungreased 9-inch pie plate, place 1 roll in center; pat and press to stretch. Surround with remaining 7 rolls; press seams of dough to cover entire bottom of pan and seal. Bake 10 minutes.
- Spoon pie filling over cinnamon roll crust; top evenly with streusel. Cover edges of crust with strips of foil. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on cooling rack 1 hour.
- Before serving, microwave icing uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle back and forth over top of pie.
Sausage Crescent Cheeseballs
20 min prep time | 40 min total time | 42 servings
- 1 lb bulk spicy sausage
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix sausage, cheese and rosemary; mix well using hands or spoon.
- Unroll crescent dough on work surface; coat each side of dough with 1 tablespoon flour. Using pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into about 1/4-inch pieces. Mix crescent dough pieces into bowl of sausage mixture in small amounts until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 42 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place in pan. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
Peanutty Pie Clusters
30 min prep time | 45 min total time | 30 servings
- 1 Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 tablespoon Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 2/3 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with Reynolds® Cut-Rite® Wax Paper.
- Unroll pie crust on work surface. With pizza cutter or knife, cut into 16 rows by 16 rows to make small squares. Arrange squares in single layer on large ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove squares from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 5 minutes.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, shortening and peanut butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring once, until chips can be stirred smooth. Add pie crust squares, peanuts and toffee bits; stir gently until evenly coated. Immediately drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lined cookie sheets. (If mixture gets too thick, microwave on High 15 seconds; stir.) Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until set. Store covered.
20 min prep time | 60 min total time | 12 servings
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 round (8 oz) Brie cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut crosswise into 2 rectangles. Pat dough to form 2 squares.
- Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough. With small cookie or canapé cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square; set cutouts aside.
- Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg. Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Oven Fried Apple Pies
20 min prep time | 60 min total time | 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (1 lb. 1.3-oz.) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Homestyle Butter Tastin’™ refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup cinnamon and spice apple pie filling and topping (from 21-oz. resealable can)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 5-inch round. Place on sprayed cookie sheets.
- Place 2 tablespoons pie filling slightly off center on each biscuit round on one cookie sheet. Fold biscuits over filling; press edges with fork to seal. Prick top of each 3 times with fork. Brush each with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. (Some filling may bubble out at edges.) Repeat with biscuit rounds on second cookie sheet. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Green Bean Casserole Crescent Cups
10 min prep time | 30 min total time | 16 servings
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Green Giant™ kitchen-sliced™ green beans, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups French-fried onions
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 16 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Unroll each can of dough. To make 2 large rectangles, pinch seams and perforations to seal. Cut each rectangle of dough into 8 equal squares. Line each muffin cup by pressing 1 dough square in bottom and up sides of cup.
- In large bowl, stir together soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce and dash ground black pepper with whisk until smooth. Add drained green beans, 1/2 cup of the cheese and 2/3 cup of the onions; gently stir until combined. Divide mixture evenly among dough-lined cups.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Divide remaining cheese and onions evenly onto tops of cups. Return to oven; bake 5 minutes longer or until onions and cups are golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove from cups; serve warm.
Cheesy Rosemary Crescents
10 min prep time | 25 min total time | 8 servings
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 sticks mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with cooking parchment paper.
- Separate dough into 8 triangles.
- Place 1 piece of string cheese on wide end of each dough triangle. Sprinkle each piece of string cheese with 1/4 teaspoon rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Roll up each, starting at shortest side of triangle, gently wrapping dough around filling and rolling to opposite point. Place on cookie sheet.
- Top each crescent with some of remaining rosemary and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookie Cups
10 min prep time | 30 min total time | 30 servings
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 30 peppermint white chocolate candies, unwrapped
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
Garnishes, If Desired
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place mini paper baking cup in each of 30 miniature muffin cups.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in baking cocoa until well blended. Shape cookie dough into 30 small balls, wrapping each ball of dough around 1 candy to cover completely. Place balls in cups.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are set around edges and puffed up. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove baking cups from pan to cooling rack to cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, in large bowl, beat marshmallow creme, butter and milk with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in powdered sugar until fluffy. If necessary, beat in additional powdered sugar until piping consistency. Place in decorating bag fitted with tip. Pipe frosting on top of each cookie cup. Top with miniature chocolate chips and miniature marshmallows