Craving takeout? Our simple Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowl comes together quicker than any delivery and tastes better too!
Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowl
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1½ tbsp. mirin
- 2 tbsp. less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 tsp. ShopRite Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. peeled, grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 (4-oz.) salmon fillets, skin on
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cups frozen ShopRite Broccoli Florets
- 2 cups hot cooked ShopRite Organic Long Grain Brown Rice
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For the teriyaki sauce, in a small bowl whisk together mirin, soy sauce, lime juice, half of the oil, half of the garlic, plus brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes; mix well. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat fillets lightly with nonstick cooking spray; season with pepper to taste. Place fillets, skin side down, in skillet; cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer fillets to a baking sheet, skin side down; lightly brush tops of fillets with some of the teriyaki sauce. Place baking dish in oven; bake 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, return skillet to medium-high heat. Add remaining oil. Stir in onion and remaining garlic; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until onion begins to soften. Add frozen broccoli and remaining teriyaki sauce. Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon rice into individual bowls; top with vegetable mixture and salmon fillets, broken into large pieces. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (if desired), and serve.
Per serving: 350 calories, 11g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 26g protein
Make it a meal: Serve with a mixed greens salad with ginger dressing.