Try a twist on the traditional fajita using Old El Paso® Stand ‘N Stuff® soft shell tortillas! These ‘boats’ make eating your Mexican creation even easier.
Welcome to our Countdown to Cinco de Mayo! We’ve got seven superb recipes to share with you over the next few days to ensure that your Cinco de Mayo Celebration is one to remember.
Fajitas are always a major crowd pleaser, but why not switch things up and serve them to your guests in these simple, grab and go “boats”? They make for a stunning presentation, and they’re ready in just 30 minutes!
Grilled Steak Fajita Boats
Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Start to Finish: 30 Minutes
- 1 flank steak (2 to 3 lb)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ fajita seasoning mix
- 1 small onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 Old El Paso™ Taco Boats™ Soft Flour Tortillas
- Make it FRESH toppings, if desired (see below)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Sprinkle steak generously with seasoning on both sides; press into steak.
- Place steak on direct heat of grill over medium heat; place vegetables (onion and bell peppers) on indirect heat of grill. Cover grill; cook 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness. Remove from grill and let steak rest 10 minutes; cut into slices diagonally across the grain. Cut bell peppers into slices for serving.
- Spoon grilled steak and vegetables into tortillas. Serve with desired toppings.
1 Taco Boat: Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 460mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g); Protein 35g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 2%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable, 4 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
Flank steak is used in this recipe, but several other cuts of beef would work well. Both sirloin and top round would be delicious. Both can be purchased in 1-lb increments. Grill as directed in recipe, and let rest before slicing.
Make it FRESH toppings ideas: diced avocado, fresh lime wedges, sour cream or crema