With April here, the weather continue to improve and we’re spending more time outdoors! We’re also spending more time enjoying fresh fruits in all of our meals, especially breakfast.
For starters, we’re officially on the smoothie bowl bandwagon! Have you tried one yet? We’ll be sharing a few of our favorite smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes throughout the month of April, so stay tuned and you’ll become a smoothie-making superstar in no time.
The first recipe of the month: this Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl! Take your classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie to a whole new level by serving it bowl style, topped with plenty of fresh fruit, and even a sprinkle of shredded coconut!
Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup ShopRite nonfat milk
- 4 cups ShopRite Greek nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh Raspberries
- 3 cups fresh Banana, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup Honey
Place milk, yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, banana and honey in large capacity blender (or prepare in batches).
- Blend on high speed 1 minute. Stop blender; stir ingredients with spatula. Continue to blend until smooth.
- Portion into serving bowls and cover.
- Serve chilled. Smoothie bowls may be refrigerated overnight.
- When ready to eat, top with any of the following: granola, sliced bananas, fresh berries and nuts.
Nutritional Information (Serving Size: 12 oz)
- Calories 320
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 95mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58g
- Dietary Fiber 7g
- Sugars 38g
- Protein 20g