Do you have a secret weapon?
One that you pull out every once in a while to cause people to stop in their tracks?
I’m not talking about your nunchucks, silly goose. Go on and put ‘em away. I am ridiculously impressed, yet simultaneously afraid.
What I was referring to was a secret food weapon!
I’ll let you in on a little secret. Shhh. Come in close, now.
My little secret for you is ShopRite’s Basting Oil. It’s NEW! It’s AWESOME! It’s… NAWESOME!
Shhhh. Shhhh. No need to yell so loudly. I know, it’s incredibly exciting.
What is even more miraculous is that ShopRite’s Basting Oil (which is infused with a spectacular blend of herbs) can be compared to your incredible nunchucks. It’s quite true. They are so comparable that they are almost synonymous.
I can see it now: ShopRite’s Nunchucks Basting Oil. Or rather, ShopRite’s Better Than Nunchucks Basting Oil!
Add this basting oil to anything and everything. I did! And boy what a difference I saw! I replaced it for extra-virgin olive oil in my pizza crust and in my tomato sauce recipe.
The Best Dern Homemade Pizza This Side of the Mississippi
Yields: 1 pizza
Ingredients for the dough:
1 cup ShopRite Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup spelt flour
1 TBS ShopRite Basting Oil with Herbs
1 tsp salt
1 cup hot water
Directions for the dough:
1. In a food processor, combine the flours and salt. With the processor running, add the oil and water and combine until a ball forms.
2. Turn the dough out on a well floured surface until no longer sticky.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough on a well floured surface to 1/4 inch to ½ inch thickness. Pierce the rolled out dough with a fork (make sure not to poke the whole way through!).
5. Place on a pizza pan, peel, pizza grill pan (yes buy one and buy one this instant).
6. Top with the below pizza sauce!
Ingredients for the pizza sauce:
1 28oz can of ShopRite Imported San Marzano Tomatoes
1/4 cup ShopRite Basting Oil with Herbs
1 to 2 TBS of Garlic powder (depending upon personal preference)
1 TBS oregano
1 TBS parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
Directions for the pizza sauce:
1. In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent (approximately 5 minutes).
2. Combine all of the remaining ingredients inside of a food processor.
3. Remove from the food processor and add to the onions.
4. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
5. Place approximately 1 to ½ cups of sauce on top of pizza dough and top with cheese!.
Directions for cooking the pizza:
If you are using an oven: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
If you are using a grill: Cook on the grill for approximately 5 to 7 minutes, but check the pizza by the minute, as each grill is different and the pizza can cook much faster than anticipated!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As a POTLUCKTM blogger, I received the ShopRite Imported Basting Oil from ShopRite for free.