I love to bake. It is one of my favorite things to do. At one point in time, I was baking two loaves of sandwich bread a week for my husband. Love. To. Bake.
As you can imagine, this time of year, become incredibly excited to spend as much time putting together sweet creations, while trying my best not to eat the batter before it goes into the oven.
But, one thing about baking is that it’s not for everyone. Many just don’t like the precision of it, that you cannot deviate or replace certain ingredients. I was one of those people. It took me a while to fall in love with baking.
When ShopRite sent us a bounteous amount of baking goods to make this baker’s day, I immediately went through a mental list of things to share with you.
A little background on myself: I tend to be a Clark W. Griswold type of baker. I have these grand ideas that usually end up being more work than I could ever realize, and then when in the middle of said task, I curse my own name and regret ever thinking I could do such a project on top of twelve other projects.
So, when thinking of a recipe, I could not bear the thought of giving you, my friends, a recipe that is just astronomically Clark W. Griswold-ish.
It’s awesome. It’s easy. YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE TO TURN ON THE OVEN.
Now, if you’d excuse me, I’m going to go tap dance with Danny Kaye.
Yields: 10 to 12 servings
12 oz ShopRite chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
1 TBS canola or vegetable oil
1 to 2 cups candy of your choice (I opted for crushed Heath)
1. Combine chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted (approximately 2 minutes).
2. Stir to make sure all of the morsels have melted!
3. On a parchment paper / wax paper lined baking sheet, spread the melted chocolate. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate until at the desired thickness (I recommend 1/4 to 1/2 an inch).
4. Top with candy of choice
5. Place into refrigerator for about 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Remove from refrigerator, cut up with a knife, and enjoy!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As a POTLUCKTM blogger, I received the ShopRite Chocolate Chips from ShopRite for free.