Late summer evenings. Muggy afternoons out in the yard. Special occasions and warm-weather parties. It’s the perfect time of year to step up your beverage game. ShopRite’s Imported Italian Sodas are fancy enough on their own to make even an ordinary weekend lunch seem like a special celebration. They come in three tasty flavors – Blood Orange, Pomegranate and Lemon. It is hard to choose a favorite, but the lemon soda is a refreshing grown-up lemonade that can be enjoyed on its own or with a few simple garnishes to take it to the next level.
Next time you are looking for an impressive cocktail or mocktail mixer, head over to your local ShopRite and pick up a bottle of their Imported Italian Soda. It will be an unexpected and welcome addition to the party!
Lemonade Spritzer with Blueberry & Mint
- 6 oz ShopRite Imported Italian Soda – Lemon
- 2 oz vodka (optional – skip it for a fancy non-alcoholic drink!)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2-3 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- In a glass, muddle most of the blueberries and mint leaves until the berries are slightly crushed and the mint begins to release its aroma. Save a few of each for garnish. Not a muddler? That’s ok, just rub the mint leaves between your fingers and gently pinch the blueberries for a minute before adding to the glass.
- Add the ice and vodka, if using.
- Top with the lemon soda and garnish with remaining berries and mint. Stir and enjoy!
There are so many ways to create impressive but simple drinks with ShopRite Italian Sodas! Try experimenting with different fruits and herbs. In place of the blueberries, you could add a few slices of peach or a handful of black raspberries. With the Blood Orange soda, a twist of lemon or lime along with a few leaves of basil will make a refreshing and unique summertime spritzer. Try out all of the flavors and let us know your favorite combinations!
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As a POTLUCK blogger, I received the Imported Italian Sodas from ShopRite for free.