You’re probably thinking what is this girl talking about? Plums in a pie? It’s quite yummy, actually is pretty delicious! Last week Kiley and I went to ShopRite for our weekly trip and when we got home, we had three big boxes of can goods on our front porch from ShopRite! It’s the Can Can sale, my friends! In our packages we had many many different things, that I don’t want to tell you about quite yet, because a recipe might just pop up with what other fun products we received!
OK, back to the plum pie. I promise.
I saw the can of plums and thought, hmm, what can I really do with these? I thought about it for a bit and I thought hmm, what about a plum pie? I ran the idea across the husband and he said, hmm that could work, what do you think? I said I’m not sure, let’s try it! So that’s what I did. You will be SO glad you tried this recipe, SO good!
2 cans(15 ounces) of ShopRite Whole Purple Plums in Light Syrup
1 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of flour
2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust
1 teaspoon of Almond Extract
Pinch of Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Take out a 9 inch pie plate.
- Strain the juice from the plums into a large saucepan. Cut the plums in half, then half again pitting as you go. Set plums aside.
- Mix together the sugar, flour and salt in a bowl. Make sure you stir this well, so the flour doesn’t get clumpy.
- Pour the mixtures into the saucepan with the plum juice. Cook the mixture over medium heat stirring constantly as the mixture heats. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture is thick.
- Remove from heat from. Add the almond extract and sliced plums and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Gently roll out one pie crust and lay in the pie dish for the bottom layer of crust. Next, pour the hot filling into the pie dish arranging the plums around if needed. Top with second pie crust. Cut vents into the dough. Sprinkle some sugar on top.
- My oven cooks very hot, so I like to but aluminum foil around my crust, so do this if would like. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and cook for another 5-10, till crust is golden. Remove from the oven and cool overnight. You can serve this a few hours later, but it was a lot better when it was set.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As a POTLUCKTM blogger, I received ShopRite Whole Purple Plums in Light Syrup from ShopRite for free.