Sometimes it’s embarrassing how excited I get over little things.
Like seriously excited. Over boxes. Filled with ShopRite Imported Speciaty Pasta. And San Marzano Tomatoes. Delivered directly to my door.
Yes, the day I came home to that beautiful sight, I was a very happy girl.
And the day I turned it into Casarecce alla Vodka? You don’t even want to know.
Especially because this version of Vodka Sauce is figure friendly. And delicious. And what dreams are made of.
Don’t tell me you don’t dream of light Vodka Sauce over delicious imported pasta in fun new-to-you shapes?
Well, my friend, you are missing out. You have to try this Casarecce alla Vodka recipe out ASAP. And I assure you, you’ll be dreaming about seconds in no time.
Casarecce alla Vodka
16 ounces (1 package) ShopRite Organic Cassarecce or other ShopRite Organic pasta of your choice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pinch salt and black pepper
28 oz San Marzano Tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup vodka
1/4 cup reduced fat cream cheese
1. To cook pasta, bring 4 quarts of water to boil. Add pasta and return to boil. Stir pasta frequently. Cook until “al dente” 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and drain carefully.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil in over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic and salt and black pepper. Sautee onions until soft and transluscent.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, puree the tomatoes until just smooth.
4. To the onions, add tomato paste, basil, vodka, and pureed tomatoes. Simmer until sauce thickens. Add cream cheese. Stir well and immediately remove from heat once cream cheese is fully blended into the sauce.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: As a POTLUCKTM blogger, I received the ShopRite Imported Organic Specialty Pasta from ShopRite for free.