Try this new twist on the traditional Seven Layer Dip: a new mini size!
Our countdown continues with this recipe for Mini 7 Layer Dips! Everyone loves to see this classic appetizer at a party, but it’s high time we make it easier for everyone to enjoy. No more long lines waiting to get at the dip, no more wrestling with a ladling spoon to get at every single delicious layer only to have it spill onto the table (or worse, the floor), just let everyone enjoy their own personal serving of this fantastic 7 layer dip!
Trust us; your guests will thank you.
Mini 7 Layer Dips
Prep Time: 30 Minutes | Start to Finish: 30 Minutes | Serves: 10
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 container (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 1/4 cups homemade guacamole, using Avocados from Mexico™ (see tip below)
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa (from 16-oz jar)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In small bowl, mix refried beans and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix. Spread about 3 tablespoons mixture in bottom of each of ten 6-oz custard cups or 9-oz clear plastic cups.
- Mix sour cream and green chiles; divide evenly among cups (about 2 tablespoons per cup). Top each with about 2 tablespoons each guacamole and salsa, slightly less than 1 tablespoon each cheese and lettuce, and a few olive slices.
1 Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 810mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 1g); Protein 6g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
For great tasting homemade guacamole, try this easy version. In medium bowl, mix 3 pitted, peeled and diced ripe Avocados from Mexico™ with 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the juice of 1 lime. Smash with a potato masher or fork, and serve!
This dip is delicious with veggies dipped in it as well; try celery, carrots, jicama, etc.
Save remaining taco seasoning mix for another use.
Trademarks referred to herein are the properties of their respective owners.